Tuesday, March 16, 2010

POD People Piss Me Off

Several days ago I noticed 6 missed calls on my cell phone.  All received within a very few minutes and all had left (blank) messages on my voicemail.  I didn't pay much attention to it, I had other things to worry about.

Then yesterday, I got up at 7 in the morning and my cell showed 12 missed calls and 12 new messages, all from the same 1-800 number.

I know not to call the number until I find out what it is (I made that mistake once), so I Googled the number.  Come to find out it's from PODS.  You know, the folks that bring a little storage container to you, you fill it with your stuff, then they move it or store it for you.  Come to find out, I'm not the first person in whose Post Toasties they have pissed.

We happen to have one in our driveway as I speak (we're moving).

So I call the number to find out what the deal is.  The customer "service" person who answered wanted to know my PIN. 

Me:  "I don't know, why do you ask?"   

POD Person:  Because I can't tell you why we're calling without your PIN. 

Me:  "Well, I don't know.  All I do know is that I don't want my voicemail filled with blank 30-second spaces.  How do I make it stop?"   

POD Person:  You'll have to sign on to your computer, log into your account and find out." 

Me:  "What exactly is it that you need?  We have a POD, we've paid for it, it's a perfectly good POD, in fact, it's practically POD perfection.  What is the problem?"   

POD Person:  It says here that no one was home when we delivered it and you never signed the contract.  

 Me:  "Well, that's not accurate, we were home, I had to move my car for them and my husband signed the contract."   

POD Person:  Well, not according to our records, you'll have to sign into your account to take care of this. 

Me:  "Okay, fine, whatever, just tell me, how do I make the phone calls stop?"

POD Person:  You'll have to sign into your account using your PIN.....

Me:  (sound of strangulation rapidly followed by the sound of disconnection)

Note to all businesses:  If you have one of those systems that automatically dials your customers over and over and over again (which, in itself should be illegal), set it to hang up after a few rings.  There is nothing worse than having your voicemail box filled with blank messages.  Okay, I'm sure I could come up with a bunch of worse things, but it is pretty damned annoying.  Here's a really new concept that's even better: hire real people to make your phone calls.  Call once.  Leave one message.  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, make suggestions or vent all you'd like.